Red Sea Holidays is popular with UK guests, and offers a variety of holidays, which include Nile cruises, Nile cruise and stay, Red Sea resort hotels, diving and golf packages.
You can take a 7 night Nile cruise which takes you from Luxor up to Aswan and back on the 5 star MS Grand Rose, which is on an All Inclusive basis. You fly from Heathrow on a Monday to board the boat, and during the 7 nights onboard you will be taken on the following excursions. These are all escorted by a qualified Egyptologist, and are included in the price of your holiday.
- The Valley of the Kings
- Luxor Temple
- Karnak Temple
- Queen Hatshepsut’s Temple
- The Colossi of Memnon
- The unfinished obelisk in Aswan
- The Temples of Philae
- Medinet Habu
- Temple of Sobek at Kom Ombo
- Aswan High Dam
Optional excursions include Abu Simbel and a Sound & Light Show
Nile Cruise & Stay
You can combine a 7 night Nile cruise on the 5 star MS Grand Rose with 7 nights at a hotel in a Red Sea Resort. You would fly from Gatwick or Manchester to Hurghada on a Friday, and transfer to your chosen hotel in Makadi Bay or Hurghada for 3 nights. On Monday you would be transferred by road to Luxor for you 7 night Nile cruise, after which you would return to your hotel for 4 further nights to relax. Alternatively you could fly on a Tuesday, in which case you would have 6 nights hotel, 7 nights cruise and 1 night hotel.
You can choose to just have a hotel stay on the Red Sea, without a Nile cruise. In this case you can choose one of the hotels in Sharm El Sheikh, as well as one of the hotels in Makadi Bay and Hurghada. Flights are from Gatwick and Manchester on a Tuesday or Friday.
- The Makadi Spa Hotel – 5 star All Inclusive
- The Makadi Palace Hotel – 5 star All Inclusive
- The Grand Makadi Hotel -5 star All Inclusive
- Sunwing Makadi Hotel – 5 star All Inclusive
- Sunwing Family Star Hotel – 5 star All Inclusive
- The Grand Resort Hotel – 4+ star All Inclusive
- Siva Grand Beach Hotel – 4+ star All Inclusive
- The Grand Hotel – 3+ star All Inclusive
Sharm El Sheikh
- The Grand Hotel – 5 star All Inclusive
- Sharm Plaza Hotel – 4+ star All Inclusive
- Sharm Resort Hotel – 4 star All Inclusive
- Ghazala Gardens Hotel – 4+ star All Inclusive
- Ghazala Beach Hotel – 4 star Bed & Breakfast
- Siva Sharm Resort & Spa – 4 star All Inclusive
The Red Sea is one of the best locations in the world for diving, with a large choice of dive sites. There are packages available for absolute beginners and those wanting to gain their PADI Certificate, as well as for those experienced divers who want something more advanced. All equipment can be hired locally.
There are a number of golf courses which cater for players of all levels, including: –
- Makadi Bay Golf Course – par 72 championship course
- El Gouna Golf Course – designed by Gene Bates and Fred Couples
- Sharm El Sheikh Golf Course – par 72 championship course