The beautiful River Tosca operates Nile cruises for Uniworld. She carries a maximum of just 82 guests in 39 Suites (335 sq ft ) and 2 Presidential Suites (651 sq ft), all of which have a French balcony. They all feature generous built-in storage, air conditioning, safe, direct dial telephone, flat screen television with satellite channels, and an iPod docking station. The ensuite bathrooms feature a bathtub and shower, thick towels, cozy robes, his and hers slippers, hair dryer and soothing bath amenities.
Facilities onboard include a lounge with full service bar, an elegant restaurant, a sun deck with cabanas & swimming pool, fully equipped gym & massage room, a library, and a boutique for gifts & sundries, and complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout the boat. Please note that, as with most boats on the Nile, there is no lift. During the cruise there will be a Galabeya party, a Nubian Show as well as an Egyptian Belly Dancing performance.
Check below the photos for full details of the 11 night itinerary, which includes 4 nights in Cairo as well as a 7 night Nile cruise.
Splendours of Egypt & the Nile
This amazing 11 night (12 day) holiday is now available from the Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection, and includes all the ‘must see’ places both in Cairo and on the Nile.
- Day 1 – Transfer from the airport to the opulent Four Seasons Hotel Cairo for 2 nights on a B&B basis
- Day 2 – Included excursions to the Citadel of Salah al-Din, the Alabaster Mosque and the Egyptian Museum
- Day 3 – fly to Luxor and visit the Temple of Karnak, before boarding the beautiful River Tosca for your 7 night Nile cruise, on a Full Board basis. You will cruise to Dendera and enjoy a a Gala Reception and dinner
- Day 4 – visit the Temple of Hathor, before cruising back to Luxor, and then have some leisure time before visiting the UNESCO designated Temple of Luxor
- Day 5 – visit the Colossi of Memnon, the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and the UNESCO designated Valley of the Kings, before cruising to Kom Ombo. Enjoy an evening onboard with a Galabeya party
- Day 6 – visit the Kom Ombo Temple, and take a small boat along the Nile to a Nubian Village, to enjoy Nubian-style hospitality
- Day 7 – visit the Aswan High Dam, the Unfinished Obelisk and the Temples of Philae, before taking a relaxing ride in a felucca. Also enjoy relaxing refreshments at the Old Cataract Hotel in Aswan
- Day 8 – You can choose to spend the day at leisure, or book the optional excursion to visit Abu Simbel, on the shores of Lake Nasser. Then cruise towards Edfu
- Day 9 – Visit the UNESCO designated Temple dedicated to Horus in Edfu, before cruising back to Luxor
- Day 10 – fly to Cairo and and transfer to the Four Seasons Hotel Cairo for a further 2 nights on a B&B basis. Have some free time before going to the Sound & Light Show this evening at the Pyramids of Giza
- Day 11 – visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the ancient capital of Memphis, including the necropolis of Sakkara, site of the step pyramid of King Zoser, the Great Sphinx and the three Pyramids of Giza
- Day 12 – transfer to the airport
All excursions are accompanied by an English speaking, fully qualified, Egyptologist, and you will be provided with a state-of-the-art portable portable headset system.
There are weekly departures from 3rd October 2015 through to 21st May 2016.
The standard pricing includes everything listed in the itinerary above, but not international flights, although I can quote for those at the same time. Note that Uniworld reserve the right to change the boat and or hotel should circumstances dictate it.